Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Peacocks and Dandelions

Here are two of the pages I made for my 2013 Calendar of Haiku & Photography that didn't make it into the final cut . . .

Click on image to enlarge.


I think this is the first image I put together when starting out planning for my 2013 calendar. I really like this combination, but in the end I couldn't find the right place for it. The haiku above was first published as a one-liner on DailyHaiku here. Our neighbours are horse breeders and have peacocks roaming amongst their fields. We don't see them as much as we'd like, but we hear them making their distinct call, more especially in summer. Hubby found this peacock feather on our property not long after we'd moved in. I first photographed it for a tanka that I wrote for Hortensia Anderson, in memoriam (you can read that post here).


Click on image to enlarge.

This would have been another summer page, but in the end, I created ones that I liked better. This photo was taken on our property after my husband alerted me to the butterfly. The fence is between us and a cow paddock, and the cows often push through the fence, shifting these posts, to get to our grass. The haiku first appeared on DailyHaiku here. I first paired this photo with another haiku that I'd written as part of a rengay with Cara Holman, "The Scent of Pine". You can view the post here.

I look forward to sharing the pages that comprise my 2013 Calendar of Haiku & Photography here beginning January 2013! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment