Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Building a time machine


I'm really pleased to once again have haiku in the annual New Zealand Poetry Society Anthology, which was edited by Owen Bullock this year. It contains all the winning entries of the NZPS International Haiku and Open Poetry Competitions, as well as work chosen 'blind' by the editor from the remaining poems entered.




My first haiku won a Highly Commended placing:

bus stop
the moonlight
on her cane



This second haiku was chosen by the editor:

his gentle snores
when did I last
see the stars . . .



You can order your copy of the NZPS 2012 anthology Building a time machine here (PayPal is available).


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kirsten, I love these-- especially the first one . . . such a haunting image. Congratulations, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Margaret!
    Both of these haiku come from my life experiences, and have been waiting in the wings for some time. :)

    ReplyDelete