Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thursday, September 20, 2012

too much

I wonder what it would be like not to speak aloud for a whole day. No words. From my mouth. For twenty-fours hours. No songs, no soliloquies, no swearing. Out loud. No language of love or lament or loathing. Out loud. Or in whispers.

I'm sure I say more than is necessary. Maybe most of us do. But could I make it through a day without talking? And what would I learn from doing so? Is it possible to be overwhelmed by such an experience, by too much God? Or is there only goodness to be found through such a practise?

chemotherapy all the people I've lost along the way
 
contemporary haibun online vol 8, no 3 (October 2012)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. So very powerful . . . and beautiful. Thank you, Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying so, Margaret. Much appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you what would happen... I'd lose my last marble, wondering what was going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input, hubby, will take it on board! ;-)

    ReplyDelete