Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thursday, March 1, 2012

How Did Your NaHaiWriMo Go?

I quietly wrote my haiku-a-day for NaHaiWriMo this February: I didn't follow the prompts by Michael Dylan Welch on the NaHaiWriMo Facebook page, and I didn't blog about it. Unfortunately, I did miss two days mid-way through due to illness, but as I wrote two haiku a few of the days throughout the month, I have come out with more than 29 at the end of it all, and am pretty pleased with my lot.

March 1st signals Autumn in New Zealand, and so it's time to share the March page of my calendar... 


March 2012 - Kirsten's Calendar of Haiku & Photography

The photo was taken at McLaren Falls near Tauranga last year, and the haiku was written on this blog during April's NaPoWriMo last year. You can click on the image for a larger view. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. To start off, because of your post about NaHaiWriMo, I was able to join them at least half-way through. I did my own quietly. :-) I have to thank you again because I met wonderful people over there like Kathy Nguyen, Ted van Zutphen, Michael Dylan Welch, and many others. Everybody is supportive! It's a very warm atmosphere. Now I have more haiku friends to guide me in my writing path.

    I hope you're feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one question :-) About your haiku - your right hand colder than your left. Do mean it literally? Well, the reason why I asked, I've been noticing that mine has been the same way as yours ever since I've been having problems with my back. I'm dealing with a back problems and sciatica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the online haiku community are a treasure, aren't they? So friendly and supportive. It's great to hear that you've connected up with them, Christine.

    Re my haiku: I do mean it literally (in once sense). If I stay on the computer too long then my neck, shoulder and arm muscles tense on my mouse-clicking hand and this results in the blood flow not moving so well down that side, hence the coldness.

    Sorry to hear about your back problems. Take it easy, my friend :)

    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete