Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

small stones of gratitude - day 6

thank you
for crying today
*Ranginui -
it meant that
I didn't have to

*Ranginui = Father sky in Māori mythology; in honour of Māori Language Week here in Aotearoa New Zealand, 4 July - 10 July.

(Want to win the latest NZ haiku anthology, the taste of nashi? Details here.)

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I got teary eyed when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Aubrie.
    It was a sad day.
    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one, Kirsten. Beautiful, touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Terri.
    It's my favourite so far.
    Kirsten x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were quite right, Kirsten. Thank you. ~svetlana

    ReplyDelete