Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

small stones of gratitude - day 5

Today my appreciation goes out to all the trees in my garden: the trees that bring birds, seeking shelter from the winter winds, or those that come to feast on swaying seed pods; the trees that loll in the late afternoon sun creating patterns on the walls, the carpet, my face; the tree that hangs heavy with luminous yellow lemons, I pick the plumpest one for my fried fish.

Lemon tree in the Wordsmith House garden. Photo by Kirsten Cliff.

I'm giving away a book as part of my practise of gratitude and abundance this month; plus it's my birthday! Check out the details of how to get in the draw here and more about why I'm writing "small stones of gratitude" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment