Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Friday, April 29, 2011

April PAD Challenge: Personal Mythology Prompts Day Twenty-Five - The Image

Poem #25

the image

as I sit at my desk to write
there's a daytime shadow
that keeps catching my eye

before I turn to take a look
my mind sees bird, cat, man
but it's just the pathway

strewn with autumn leaves,
just the overgrown grass
& the jacaranda tree

both moving to the tune
of the traffic's steady flow,
just the two pairs of shoes

that are waiting by the mat
& my reflection in the window
as I sit at my desk to write


Copyright © 2011 Kirsten Cliff
For the prompt used to write this poem, please go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment