Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April PAD Challenge: Personal Mythology Prompts Day Seven - The Element of Earth

Poem #7

nausea...
I take a walk through the autumn garden
white chrysanthemums primed to burst into flower
five chrysalises swaying in the breeze, a sixth has fallen
grass shiny wet from showers then lazy sun
the lemons and feijoas are ripening day by day
further afield, I can just make out the Papamoa Hills
I stop, inspire, and draw strength from the pā sites

Copyright © 2011 Kirsten Cliff
For the prompt used to write this poem, please go here.

2 comments:

  1. I was stunned recently, to be awarded the Versatile Blogger Award from RoughWaterJohn the Pirate. He has the most incredible blog that I feel - WOW, blown away by it all. It comes with a few requirements though, all of which are reasonable and not too demanding.
    The three requirements are:
    1. Thank the person who gave you the reward.
    2. List seven random facts about yourself.
    3. Nominate fifteen new bloggers for the award.
    Now John did not stick to the criteria, and I don’t believe I will be either. I have gone for quality rather than quantity. I think that your blog fits the requirements.

    http://jobryantnz.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news for you, Jo! :)
    And thanks so much for nominating my blog!
    Hugs to you!
    ~Kirsten

    ReplyDelete