Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Monday, April 4, 2011

April PAD Challenge: Personal Mythology Prompts Day Four - House and Home

Poem #4

The Virtues of Home

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." ~ Helen Keller

Home is the place where
I know his love,
the space where
I find solace in my solitude

The sanctuary where I reach peace
of mind, body, spirit
The altar where I connect to
the energy within me,

yet greater than me,
from which art & poetry arise
Where I embrace it all
with a humble gratitude.

Copyright © 2011 Kirsten Cliff
For the prompt used to write this poem, please go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment