Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sharing a Haiku for NaHaiWriMo - day twenty-eight

I'm writing a haiku a day for NaHaiWriMo offline. Here at Swimming in Lines of Haiku I'm sharing one of my published haiku each day:


thinking of you -
the light
on a paua shell


Published in Kokako 10 (April, 2009)
Also appeared in the Waiariki Institute of Technology 2010 Calendar

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten - congratulations on your month of haiku! I didn't do very well this month, I'm afraid... very sporadic... and, as I missed a lot of the prompts, I've just gone through all your haiku and scribbled down a theme/subject from each one to fill in my notebook blanks as and when. Hope you don't mind? : ) It's just so much easier being told what to write rather than coming up with it myself!

    p.s. I have a paua shell! A friend from NZ gave it to me before he left France - so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne -

    No, I don't mind at all. This writing of mine is here to be read and enjoyed!

    I found weeks two and four quite enjoyable, but writing one a day during week one and three was a struggle! A write-up of my experience coming in a couple of days.

    Smiled as I read about your paua shell :)

    ReplyDelete