Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Haiku for the Happy Couple

Today is my parents 40th wedding anniversary, so I'm heading to a gathering of family and friends at their home in the Waikato. I wrote this haiku to celebrate their day and it appears in a card from me and my siblings, along with our gift of a pohutukawa tree.




ruby anniversary
the colour of love
still in their cheeks

              Copyright © 2010 Kirsten Cliff

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten May the 2011 be a bright and happy one for you and your loved ones. Your haiku for your parents is beautiful. All the best
    Gaye Hemsley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Gaye
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you enjoyed the haiku.
    Happy writing to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete