Unless stated otherwise, all poetry on Swimming in Lines of Haiku is Copyright Kirsten Cliff and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from the author. kirsten(DOT)cliff(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Frogpond Submissions Open

Frogpond, the Journal of the Haiku Society of America, is open for submissions for it's Winter Issue. The cut off date is November 15. See full submission guidelines here. And you can connect with the HSA on Facebook.

I had the pleasure of meeting, and writing with, editor George Swede in 2009 when he came to New Zealand. A linked haiku verse that was written over lunch with George Swede, Catherine Mair, Pat Prime, Owen Bullock, Steve Cordery, Margaret Beverland, Sandra Simpson and myself is published in Lynx (scroll down to find 'Spider's Strand').

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool, Kirsten! I enjoyed your linked verse very much. I just completed a renga on my blog, as part of a Big Tent Poetry challenge, and it was a lot of fun. Issa provided the first stanza, and it was contributed to by 6 poets from 3 countries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cara. It was the first time I'd written a linked haiku and can say I was a bit daunted considering all the hijins that were sitting around the table! Will go and check out your renga. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete